Data visualization is one of the fundamental functions of a GIS. The display characteristics of features on the map can convey a wealth of relevant information about the data, its relationship with other geographic information, and its inherent spatial patterns. In the latest Global Mapper webcast, we explore the various options that are available for visualizing or customizing the display of vector data.
The specific topics covered in this presentation include:
- Manually adjusting the display of a layer or of a select group of features (06:57)
- Using Feature Types to automatically assign colors to frequently mapped objects (19:58)
- Assigning random colors to features in a layer (29:52)
- Applying colors to reflect instances of a recurring attribute (31:47)
- Applying colors to reflect numeric values (42:41)
- Visualizing data using a Density Map (54:21)
- Visualizing numeric attribute data in a graph (59:56)
- A quick look at labeling (1:04:26)
If you have questions about any of the workflows or topics covered in this presentation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For licensing or sales questions, email email@example.com.
To download an evaluation copy of Global Mapper, visit: www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper.php