Billy Noble, Applications Specialist at Blue Marble Geographics, answers questions that come into the technical support inbox. In this video, Billy demonstrates how to customize the color and fonts of labels in a layer of a map in Global Mapper.
For a minor release, Global Mapper version 20.1 offers a surprising collection of new features and functions. In addition to the usual performance improvements and code tweaks that are typical of these minor releases, version 20.1 includes new Digitizer tools, significant upgrades to the Path Profile tool, enhanced LiDAR querying, and much more. In the latest live Global Mapper webinar, we showcase some of the highlights of this release.
Among the specific topics covered in the webinar are:
- New zooming function in the Path Profile window
- Legend display for multiple profiled surfaces
- Option to set the default projection
- New vector edge-matching tool
Support for Esri RESTful data sources And in the LiDAR Module:
- New point proximity search tool for encroachment detection
- Improved point cloud thinning options
- And much more
If you have questions about any of the workflows or topics covered in this presentation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For licensing or sales questions, email email@example.com. To download an evaluation copy of Global Mapper, visit: www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper.php
Billy Noble, Applications Specialist at Blue Marble Geographics, answers questions that come into the technical support inbox. In this video, Billy demonstrates how to maintain the colors of a point cloud when converting it from a LAS format to a GeoTIFF in Global Mapper.
In this example of extracting vectors from a raster layer in Global Mapper, we will automatically create polygons outlining lakes from an aerial image.
Here are the steps to follow to extract a vector from a raster layer:
- From the Layer menu, click Create Area Features from Equal Values…
- Name the target layer and choose the option to extract Only Selected Color(s)
- Choose Select Color from Map and click on a location representing the required color
- Apply a Color Fuzziness value and define the extent of the extraction process
- Use the Digitizer to remove unwanted polygons
The extracted polygons can be exported in any supported vector file format